I’m Joe Colegrove
Brand & Social Media Communications
A digital expert in Bournemouth, UK
Marketing, web and social with a focus on crafting brand experience.
I’m a marketing specialist, with a preferred focus on executing branding through digital media. I have a wealth of experience in marketing across different sectors, including education, financial services and for small businesses. I take an approach that benefits from both my creativity and my analytical mind – leading to proven results for clients of all sizes.
Marketing Communications Officer
Bournemouth & Poole College
04/2021 – Present
- Writing and editing copy across all channels, while meeting brand TOV and guidelines.
- Generation and monitoring of press coverage.
- Website management & search engine optimisation, including copywriting articles.
- Working alongside a team to improve current communication strategies and implement new campaigns.
Peppermint & Peony
03/2016 – Present
Executing multi-channel campaigns, with time specific features for peak events, e.g. seasonal workshops and wedding fairs.
Social media strategy – planning and executing paid and organic campaigns across both Facebook and Instagram. Actively managing live campaigns to ensure a good ROI.
- Analysing data from reporting tools (e.g. Google Analytics and Facebook Ads Manager) to develop future campaigns based on engagement rates, cost and return.
Content creation – copywriting, photography, web design, and social media content. Website management – creating a website that reflects the brand through design and copy. Liaising with client to define brand image/tone of voice, and implement in all communications.
Reach South Academy Trust
03/2019 – 04/2021
Implementing communication strategies and new channels (e.g. Twitter) for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Line managing a small team through a period of significant structural and cultural change.
- Website management and search engine optimisation, including training others on best practices.
- Engaging with press for PR coverage, and providing press releases where appropriate.
Marketing Communications Executive
Bournemouth Primary MAT
09/2016 – 11/2018
Videography & photography for a variety of purposes.
- Creating press releases and maintaining relationships with local and trade press. Monitoring coverage and reporting.
- Liaising with an agency for the development of a new website.
- Ensuring legal obligations are met for web content, and updating records as required.
Education & SKills
Website creation and design (including multiple CMS systems)
SEO and Google Analytics
Paid/organic social media
Communication strategy development
Full Adobe suite including Photoshop, InDesign & Premier Pro
Photography, videography and design for print and web
Content creation and copywriting
BA (Hons) Advertising
2014 – 2018
Focuses on the strategy, development and planning of advertising and marketing activities through promotion, direct media and digital media. I gained experience in working on advertising and marketing briefs, as part of teams and alone.
Dissertation: Marketing to the Marginalised: A Study Into Attitudes Towards Minority Sexuality Imagery In Branding Communications.
Chartered Institute of Marketing
Level 3 Foundation Certificate in Marketing
Abingdon & Witney College
BTEC Level 3 Media Production
Joe helped bring my vision for Peppermint & Peony to life. He started by making my website, which is beautiful, but then went beyond that to support me in understanding exactly what my brand is. His support on yearly campaigns have been great too.
— Emma, Peppermint & Peony